Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Paper Craft Crew 293 Oh Darling Sketch

It is a Paper Craft Crew Wednesday! It is also the Tucker Tribe's last day of school! They are out at Noon today! To say I am a bit excited is an understatement. I mean, it isn't like I am going to sleep in and eat all day. I still wake up to make coffee before Troy goes to work... No Coffee No Workie!

This week with the Paper Craft Crew, Pam has whipped up a sketch that I really had fun with. I am really starting to warm up to all the new goodies that I have from the up coming Annual Catalog, have you gotten your copy yet? If not let me know so I can be sure to send you one.

Click Here For Challenge Details

So if you have been a loyal follower since the beginning of my blog you will know that at one point, Stampin' Up! didn't offer stitched dies, and I was of course a bit rogue back then. When I saw the Stitched All Around Bundle it was going to have a nice loving home in my stamp studio...but, do you ever OVER stimulated when a box of BRAND NEW goodies is delivered? That was me when my preorder got here, and now Stella has her groove back! Lets get to the card...


So when this card started, I was going to take the sketch pretty literally. I had ovals on the brain and wasn't quite sure how I was going to pull it all off with new goodies. While FaceTime crafting with another demonstrator (that is usually how I spend time in my craft room) I had my AHA moment! I quickly die cut the Basic Black card stock using the largest label like die from the Stitched All Around Bundle, then inked up my sentiment from the stamp set in this bundle with Versamark. I broke out the White Stampin' Emboss Powder and put my heat tool to work. This was set aside while I made some fun spatters using my Aqua Painter and Granny Apple Green on my Thick White Card Stock. This green is amazing, it is bright and vivid! When creating my layers I couldn't resist the small stitched heart in the dies of this bundle. I actually ended up cutting three of them from Melon Mambo card stock but only ended up using the one and adhered it to a Granny Apple Green stitched circle from the bundle as well. The poker chip looking stitched die in Melon Mambo was perfect. In my head the card need some sparkle or texture. The Gold Glimmer Paper banner was the perfect touch. I actually used the Banner Triple Punch and took the scrap and used it as well! Some black Faceted Gems from the upcoming Annual Catalog and this card was complete!

Thank You so much for stopping by today! I can't wait to see what you create with this weeks sketch! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment